4Media Video Converter Ultimate for Mac Tutorial
How to convert video files using this video converter on Mac? The following will show you a step-by-step guide to complete the conversion task. 4Media Video Converter for Mac can easily convert amongst a vast array of standard-definition (SD) video formats and high-definition (HD) formats with splendid quality and super speed. It can convert videos to play movies in any format on any popular multimedia device including iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Xbox360, Zune, PMPs, Android phones, and mobile phones.
Besides, it has editing functions that can help you to clip, merge, crop and split videos, as well as add watermarks and soundtrack to the output files.
This article includes 8 parts.
Part 1: Getting Started
Part 2: 3D Video Conversion
Part 3: Clip Video/Audio Segments
Part 4: Create Merged Item
Part 5: Edit Merged Video Item
Part 6: Edit Merged Picture Item
Part 7: Add and Edit Video Effects
Part 8: More Applied Functions
Firstly, download 4Media Video Converter Ultimate for Mac and then install and run it.
Step 1: Install and run the software
After installation, run the software. You can see the main interface as below.
Step 2: Add Files
Click "Add File(s)..." button on the toolbar or select "File > Add File(s)…" on the main menu to load files.
Step 3: Set output format
Select the files need to be converted and click "Profile" button to select the output format in the drop-down list. Then click "Browse…" button to specify destination folder for saving output files.
1: We provide abundant profiles compatible with various popular devices. Especially all-around HD video formats are supported.
2: Many options for you to choose. The "Recently Used" option can record your recent usages automatically and it is convenient to use them again.
3: Search for the wanted profile quickly by entering the profile keyword in "Start Searching" textbox of the profile list.
Step 4: Convert
After selected output profile, you only need to check the files you want to convert in the file list and click "Convert Checked Item(s)" button on the toolbar to complete the task.
Ok, the above is the simplest function in conversion. We provide you more functions as below!
Choose the file you want to convert in the file list, and Click "3D Conversion" button on the toolbar to enter "3D Conversion" window.
2D to 3D
You can convert 2D standard videos to 3D videos, and watch it on TV.
1. Click "2D to 3D" button to open settings interface.
2. Click "Anaglyph (Red/Cyan)", "Side by Side", "Side by Side (Half-Width)", "Top and Bottom" or "Top and Bottom (Half-Height)" under the preview area, select an output mode.
(1) You can drag the "3D Depth" control slider to set the depth.
(2) Check the "Swap L/R Image" option, you can switch left and right eye's image.
3. Click "Finish" to return to the main window.
3D to 3D
The software supports conversion between different 3D video format.
4. Click "3D to 3D" button to open settings interface.
5. Click "Side by Side", "Side by Side (Half-Width)", "Top and Bottom" or "Top and Bottom (Half-Height)" under the preview area, select a source mode.
6. Click "Next" button to return to next step.Click "Anaglyph (Red/Cyan)", "Side by Side", "Side by Side (Half-Width)", "Top and Bottom" or "Top and Bottom (Half-Height)" under the preview area, select an output mode.
Tip: Check the "Swap L/R Image" option, you can switch left and right eye's image.
7. Click "Back" to return to previous step. If you click "Remove 3D Conversion Settings", then the 3D conversion will be removed.
8. Click "Finish" to return to the main window.
At first, choose the video file you want to clip. Then click "clip" button on the toolbar to enter "Clip" window. Set the start & end point to get the partial segment and repeat the action to get several segments at will. After clipping, check the "Output segments as whole one" option and merge the segments in the list into one file. And then click "Move Up" or "Move Down" button to specify the sequence of these segments.
Select multiple files and click "Merge Selected Item into One" button on the toolbar to merge the selected files into one and create a merged item in the file list.
Tip: Only the files of same kind can be merged. E.g. video files cannot be merged with pictures.
Firstly, right-click a merged video item in the file list, and select "Edit Joint Item" option from the right-click menu to open "Joint Item" window. Then select a video transition item and choose a transition effect from the transition panel on the left. Repeat this step to add transition effects to other videos. After adding transitions, choose a time length from "Duration" drop-down list as the transitional duration, and use "Move Up" or "Move Down" option to adjust the order of video items.
1.From "Setting" drop-down list, choose "Restore Defaults" to restore the default. Or select "Apply to All Transitions" to apply the above settings to all the sub-items in this joint item.
2.On the right preview panel, click "Play" button to preview the merged items with the added transitions.
Right-click a merged picture item in the file list and choose "Edit Joint Item" option from the right-click menu to open "Edit Joint Item" window. Choose a picture item and set the picture's direction by clicking "Rotate Clockwise", "Rotate Counterclockwise", "Flip Horizontal" or "Turn Vertical" button on the top right settings panel. Then you can adjust the order of the picture items by clicking "Move Up" or "Move Down" button, and click "Reset" button to reset all the settings to default.
You can also add transition effects for each picture item and choose a time length as the transition duration like what you have done in "Edit Merged Video Item" part.
Firstly, choose the video you want to edit, and then click "Effects" button on the toolbar to enter "Effects" window.
1. Crop the video size
On "Crop" tab, enter height, width, left margin and top margin values to set the size and the position of the crop area. You can also adjust the crop area size and position by dragging the resizable handle and frame.
Besides, you can also check "Keep Aspect Ratio" option and choose the aspect ratio from the drop-down list. Click "Restore Defaults" to restore all settings to default, and preview the real-time effect in preview window on the right.
2. Edit video image
On "Image" tab, enter the value of the brightness/contrast/saturation in corresponding textboxes to set the video image's brightness/contrast/saturation.
3. Add watermarks to video
In "Watermark" tab, click "Add Text Watermark" or "Add Picture Watermark" button to import watermarks into the watermark list. Select a watermark and set its transparency, vertical position, horizontal position, font, color, size or style .
Tip: You can add multiple picture and text watermarks into one video simultaneously.
4. Add Effect to video
In "Effect" tab, choose an effect for the output video from the effect list.
5. Add background music to video
In "Audio" tab, click "Add Audio Track" button to add audio tracks into the list. And then choose the wanted one from the list as the background music for the video. You can also set the play mode as "Loop" or "Play Only Once".
6. Compare the edited video with the source one
Click "Comparing Preview" button on the right preview panel to compare the edited file with the source.
1. Add profiles for the same video file
Select the video and click "Add Output Profile" button to set multiple output formats for one file simultaneously. You can get different video formats for various digital players after conversion.
2. Gain exact video file size using bitrate calculator
To custom output size, select the video file and click "Tools > Bitrate Calculator" and input value to get exact video size.
3. Transfer converted videos to devices directly
After conversion, the files can be transferred to iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod and PSP directly by 4Media Video Converter for Mac.
4. Tailor Output Parameters
You can adjust a vast range of output parameters including video & audio quality, zoom mode, audio channel, bit rate and frame rate which are sorted by categories for easier customization.
5. Preview Video & Take Snapshots
Preview your video with the built-in media player before conversion; compare original and edited videos in real-time; take snapshots of your favorite moments while previewing.
- 4Media Audio Converter Pro Tutorial
- 4Media Movie Editor 6 Tutorial
- Video Converter Ultimate Tutorial
- How to convert DAT to other videos
- 4Media Blu Ray Ripper for Mac Tutorial
- How to rip Blu-ray disc to video files
- How to burn AVI, MPEG, VOB, DAT, M2V, MPG to DVD on Mac
- How to burn DivX to DVD on Mac
- 4Media iPod Max Guide
- How to convert AVI, MPEG to iPod MP4 format
- Guide: 4Media iPod to PC Transfer
- How to convert DVD to iPod on Mac
- 4Media iPhone Contacts Transfer for Mac Tutorial
- 4Media iPhone Contacts Transfer Tutorial
- 4Media iPhone Ringtone Maker for Mac Tutorial
- 4Media iPhone Max Guide
- 4Media Online Video Converter for Mac Guide
- 4Media Online Video Downloader for Mac Guide
- 4Media Online Video Converter Guide
- 4Media Online Video Downloader Guide
- How to download YouTube videos for free
- How to download/convert YouTube videos to iPod
- How to download and convert YouTube videos
- All features of apple iPhone
- Now you can get more TV offerings from Apple iTunes
- Video Streamer HAVA from Snappy Multimedia
- iPod Growth Driving Demand for Flash Memory
- MediaMan HVX-3500 Review
- Uncertain whether new iPod will be delayed or not because of hurdles
- T3's top five iPod alternatives
- Envivio Exhibits MPEG-4 Solutions from Mobile to HD at CCBN2006